Engraving an ID
Engraving Help & Tips
Your medical alert ID bracelet should be engraved with your most important medical conditions and medications. Keep it simple, organized yet effective in case of an emergency and you are unable to speak for yourself, you will need your ID to speak for you.
Our artisan engravers will take the utmost care of every detail. We will be sure to line up your information so that it is centered on ID. We will also engrave in all caps for all information. Engraving in caps will make it easier to read and that is what it is all about.
"Engraved with Your Safety First"
● Engraved information may save your life. This information should include only what would be critically necessary for a health care provider. We recommend consulting with your physician before submitting engraving information.
● Information will be capitalized and engraved exactly as you send it. Please make sure information is understandable and spelling is correct as the information may not be changed once submitted online.
● If additional information to be engraved is required, you may wish to consider medical ID wallet card. It is recommended to engrave SEE WALLET CARD on your ID jewelry.
● Keep it short and concise to avoid overcrowding. The less text you have, the larger we can make the font. Use abbreviations if possible and appropriate (see abbreviation definitions under 'What Should I Engrave?')
● When listing Medications, please be specific and use the words "ON" or "USING" so that it does not get mixed up with any allergies or other medical conditions.
● When listing Allergies, please be specific and say "Penicillin Allergy" or "Allergies: Peanuts, Sulfa, Penicillin" Also list them after any kind of other medical information so it does not get confusing. For examples: Allergies: Peanuts, Sulfa, Asthma, On Coumadin. Instead do: Asthma, On Coumadin, Allergies: Peanuts, Sulfa
● If a home phone number is engraved, it is recommended to leave additional emergency phone numbers on your voice mail (Cell#, Doctors#, Work#, etc., No need to use Parenthesis in area codes.). Voice Mail Example: Nobody is available to take your call right now. If this is an emergency, please call....
● If a doctor’s phone # is engraved, make sure your name is also engraved on the ID jewelry.
● If diabetes is your medical condition, make sure you include which type of diabetes. Example 1: "Type 1 Diabetes, Diabetes-Insulin, or Diabetes-Ins". Example 2: "Type 2 Diabetes, Diabetes-Oral"
● If you have a terminal illness and wish to not be resuscitated, please include in engraving. Example: "Terminal Illness, Please Do Not Resuscitate"
● If you have a living will, please include in engraving. Example: "Living Will Please Contact..."
The caduceus symbol on the front of al medical id jewelry is a symbol to alert medical personnel that the person wearing the ID has a medical condition they need to be aware of. They will not know your medical condition unless it is engraved on your ID piece. If you choose not to have us engrave your ID jewelry, it is recommended you have it engraved by your local jeweler before wearing.